CYS Services Sports & Fitness
- Youth Sports and Fitness
Sports and Fitness Programs provide team sports, individual sports, fitness and health programs and, programming at Child Development Centers, School Age and Youth Programs. Pre-registration is required for Sports and Fitness Programs. Children and youth that are currently registered in CYS can be enrolled in Sports and Fitness using WebTrac.
The National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS) has a website for evaluation of coaches. Parents have the opportunity to evaluate coaches on the NAYS website. Parents must have the coach member number to rate their coach. You can get this number from the CYS Sports and Fitness office.
A sports-specific physical must be completed annually, prior to the start of the sports season. The form must be completed with a doctor’s signature and stamp, then submitted to Parent Central Services during registration. Hint: The best time to get your child’s physical — if possible — is in July. This way, your child’s physical will be valid for all sports for one full year.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What sports are offered?
2. Where can I find individual sports information? i.e. gymnastics, dance, karate, etc.
3. Where can I find information about current sports offered?
4. How do I sign my child up for a sport?
5. What ages are eligible?
6. Where can I get a PDF copy of the sports physical online?
7. How early must my child have a physical on file before participating in a sport?
8. How can I volunteer to coach?
9. When do classes start for each season?
10. What is the regular fee for a sports class?
11. What are the registration/sign-up dates for each sports season? i.e. Spring, Summer, Fall, & Winter.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|